The fish and the vegetables can be good for 3 meals (or 2-3 people). The fish is definitely plenty enough for 3 meals; but it could be a stretch for the vegetables on the third meal.
Lighting a couple of tea light candles is recommended to counteract all that garlicky aroma!
French green beans
- 6 oz fresh French green beans
- 1 oz almonds, slivered and toasted
- 1 T freeze-dried minced garlic
- 1 T Kikkoman low-sodium soy sauce
- a dash of salt
- a dash of pepper
- 1 t olive oil
Boil enough water in medium heat to fully cover the green beans.
Put the green beans in boiling water for 40 seconds, or less depending on how crunch you want your green beans.
After 40 seconds, drain the hot water from the beans while the saucepan remains under cold running water. Turn off the tap once the water in the pan is as cold as the running water. If your running water is not as cold as water that has been put in the fridge, put some ice on the water. Let stand for a minute. Drain. Put the beans in a spinner to dry them. The drier, the better.
On a non-stick pan, toast the slivers of almonds in medium heat. Set aside when done.
Put 1 teaspoon olive oil on the pan.
Once the oil is hot enough for sauteing, put the minced garlic. Saute until golden brown. If you have fresh garlic available, sliver the garlic instead of mincing for a more crunchy, garlicky taste.
Put the French beans with the garlic. Toss for about 30 seconds, then, mix in the toasted almonds.
Season with the soy sauce, salt and ground pepper. Saute for about 5 minutes. Serve warm or at room temperature.
- 2 pieces orange roughy fillets, about 12 oz total
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 T Italian seasoning herbs
- 1/2 cup ground Parmesan cheese
- 1 t olive oil
- salt, ground pepper, garlic powder (for sprinkling on the fish fillet)
- additional olive oil to grease the baking tray
Pre-heat the oven to 425F.
Sprinkle the thawed fish fillets with salt, pepper and garlic powder.
Mix well the olive oil with the panko bread crumbs. Add the Parmesan cheese and the Italian seasoning herbs.
Roll the fish fillets on the crumbs-cheese mix until they are liberally covered.
Grease the baking tray with some olive oil or oil spray.
Sprinkle some crumbs-cheese mix exactly where you will place the fillets. Lay the fillets on the baking tray. If you still have crumbs-cheese mix left, just sprinkle it over the fillets
Bake for 10 minutes at 425F. Bake an additional 10 minutes at 375F.
- 3 oz. Ketel One vodka (straight from the freezer; can make stronger but, well, it is a school night, after all…)
- 1 can (8.4 fl. oz.) Izze Clementine
- 1/3 can Xing Tea Half and Half Premium Tea and Lemonade
- 4-5 ice cubes (tonic water; make ahead and put in Ziplocs!)
Put ice cube in a big-bowled wine glass, like a Pinot Noir or Merlot glass.
Pour the vodka over the ice cubes. Swirl vigorously for about 15-30 seconds.
Pour Izze Clementine; then, the Tea and Lemonade. Either swirl or stir.